Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

 Welcome to My Blog - Robbie Cahill B00132167


This is my first Test Blog for the second year of multimedia development 


Hello my name is Robbie Cahill this will be my blog for Multimedia Development in my second year of college in Creative Digital Media Course, at Blanchardstown college.

I am very excited to begin this brand new year of college and have a wonderful experience with all my fellow students. But before beginning I would like to give a little introduction and share some information about myself.

During secondary school I was very shy and quiet, I made it a point to keep to myself and never really interacted with any social or extracurricular activities in my school. I didn't get good results in tests and didn't have high hopes for my leaving cert. 

However once I got my leaving cert results I did far better than I ever thought I could, thanks to a combination of rigorous studying and grinds. After finally putting Secondary school behind me I had another conundrum facing me. What to do after Secondary School?


What path should be taken now?
Source: Flickr


After careful consideration I decided to try a Post Leaving Cert course in Dunboyne. I loved doing this course and although I found it challenging I found the subjects in the course interesting and wished to continue on and learn many more interesting aspects of Creative Digital Media.

Now that I have entered my second year of Creative Digital Media at Blanchardstown I can't wait to learn more skills and knowledge.

I hope you enjoyed reading this introductory blog and that you will return for more blogs I will upload in the coming weeks and months. If it's not too much trouble I would greatly appreciate if you could leave a comment expressing your opinion on my blog. What you liked, what you disliked, and any tips you would like to offer in order to improve the look of my blog and my blogging style.



Comments

Great introduction Robbie wish you the best of luck with this course
Kevin said…
Hey Robbie,

Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I feel like you've come a long way since secondary school from reading your introduction. Lets enjoy these college years! And it's all in person so finally we can have face to face conversations which is great.

Kevin
Moe Saw said…
Nice to meet you. I look forward to working further with you and reading over more of your blogs.
Dominika Skrzat said…
ALOHAA ROBBIE!!
YES INTROVERTED SQUAD 💅🏼 Honestly same I hated secondary school so much! I had predicted grades so can’t relate lol. That’s a nice looking forest. Are you finding it fun so far? Whats your favourite module?? Yes Robbie best introduction ever! Don’t forget to keep slaying. No Robbie best blog ever period! I didn’t dislike anything. The forest picture is my favourite it’s super aesthetic.
nico said…
Hey Robbie!! I’m here commenting on your intro blog! Yeah!



I’m glad that you managed to come bout a better person from the hellhole that is secondary school. Those grinds must have really paid off if they got you such a confidence boost!



I can’t believe that you also did a different course right after the leaaving cert! You got a nice head start in this creative digital media thing.

Anyways, good luck Robbie!
victory said…
hi robbie its me again. i'm just reading about your life before college and I'm surprised with all the good work you have been putting down for yr 1 and yr2 your defo a much better people from secondary school and your not shy or quiet anymore i can see that your a team leader when its come to group work in this semester.ill see you around college soon!
Emma Curran said…
How are you, Robbie? really nice introduction. I feel we had the exact same secondary school experience... I wasn't that quiet but never genuinely interacted with anyone either. I'm glad we both met at the PLC, I also found some stuff challenging too, especially at the start of lockdown, but we got through it which is great. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the course is like. Really loved the introduction

Emma :)
Rachael Leddy said…
Hey Robbie!
Loved reading this post and getting to know you a bit more.
I was very shy and quiet for a lot of my secondary school experience too, but came out of my shell a little towards the end.
I wasn't quite sure myself what to do after secondary school, I felt like I had nothing I was good at or had a strong interest in, but then I came across this course and it was so diverse that I thought I may as well give it a go.
Best of luck for the rest of the years!
Rachael
Kyle Wright said…
Hey Robbie,

Great introduction. It's always good to get to know some of the things about people we don't always get the chance to find out through basic conversation. There's nothing wrong with keeping to yourself! I love my own company and think it's really important for self-reflection. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and you're doing great so far this year!
Aaron L said…
Hey Robbie,

Really interesting introduction post to read I have to say. Congrats on doing so well in your Leaving Cert, I bet that was just the best feeling in the world to see you did so great! Its great to see you enjoyed your PLC so much. Its a great way to dip your toes into the water of certain courses instead of committing to 3/4 years and not liking it.

Popular posts from this blog

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research