Game Vision Statement

Welcome to my third post for my game Idea. For my game idea I believe that creating a racing style game would suit me. It may be easier as Unity seems to have

My game would fall neatly into the genre of a racing game. My concept for a game would be to have a pizza delivery driver racing through traffic and dodging various obstacles in order to deliver the pizza to a set location before it gets cold.

  • Game genre
I believe one of the pitfalls of racing games is that many of them don't have a story. Grand Theft Auto may be one of the most popular racing games but I highly doubt it would be so renowned if not for its story and characters. Although my game definitely wouldn't have a large story like games with a larger budget I do believe the addition of a small scale narrative would assist in enhancing my game. I feel as though players would tend to lose interest fast if there was no goal outside of merely beating a timer. Having a light narrative would help keep the player involved with the story


Source:Flickr


  • Gameplay
Similar to most student-games my game would be a single player experience. Creating a two player mode would be very difficult for a student as designing a cooperative game would require more work and time then I currently have. My game would also have a time limit. This relates to the story, since the character is a pizza driver and would need to reach their destination before the pizza becomes cold.

I mentioned this in a previous blog post but I feel the need to reiterate this. This game would have multiple gameplay features which would be inspired by a childhood favourite game of mine 'Crazy Taxi.' These features would be navigating your way through various other cars on the road. Although this may be slightly more difficult I am considering including the ability for the player vehicle to jump I believe a feature that could add to the gameplay, although it may be difficult is giving the player character, in this case a car, the ability to cartoonishly shoot out pizza slices. This could be used to destroy obstacles and walls in the way of the player controlled vehicle. My game would also utilise a timer that would be in place to ensure that the player delivers the pizza before time runs out

  • Platforms
My game would be available on a laptop or a computer. I personally don't see a way for my game to be available on consoles or even mobile.



  • Resources required

I would require various resources to complete this game. Fortunately I could use some assets I have previously used in the tutorials. These would be cars, pizza slices and a road. I'm not sure how I would get this but my game would also need a house to serve as the final destination, hopefully these would make a good game that my peers would enjoy.


  • Link(s) to sources.




Comments

Emma Curran said…
Hi Robbie. I cannot wait to play your game, racing games are literally my guilty pleasure. I agree with not keeping it as a two-player game, I feel that would complicate your already effective game idea. The pizza driver game is actually quite smart in my opinion, it reminds me of the "Pizza Time" scene in Spiderman 2. Also, shooting out the pizzas would be an epic mechanic in my opinion. I'm so excited to see what your game is like.

Emma
Rachael Leddy said…
Hey Robbie.
I'm excited to be able to play your game, I'm also doing some form of a racing game for my project so I already love the idea. I think that a two player game would be a bit too complex so it's probably a good idea that you're not going with it. I also like that you're adding a small narrative to your story, I always find games a bit more interesting when I have some sort of storyline to follow.
Best of luck with creating your game!

Rachael
Luke Phelan said…
Hi Robbie I really like your idea of a car game that has to avoid obstacles. I really love these type of games growing up and I feel like our games are quite fun. It looks like you put a lot of thought and research is this which is very cool. I really like the idea of shooting out pizzas and avoiding obstacles in order to win the game. I feel like this idea is great because it would appeal to a wide audience I also feel like the game will get quite addicting as you'd want to keep trying again and again to complete the level.

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research