Game Design

 

I found the essays from the links to be very helpful. My personal favourite was Four Basic Methods for Generating Ideas. I believe that this essay contains fantastic tips, it also goes through many tips that most people have heard of but goes into depth on them and why they work.

One of these tips was brainstorming, in the essay it explains that there should be two large groups with various separate stages that will benefit productivity and the creative process. Some of these stages were, statement of the task, generation of ideas, scamper, combine, modify and eliminate.

Brainstorming
Source: Flickr


The essay also contained a marvellous sentence about how human beings can generate new ideas. 

"He put forward the assumption that thinking in a stationary atmosphere a person will always come to the same ideas, but being in a changing atmosphere, a person will generate different ideas."

I strongly identify with this quote and wholeheartedly support it, I find that I will have more random and creative thoughts and ideas when I'm on the bus doing nothing rather than when I try to sit down and try to think of something at a desk.



I found these links to be particularly helpful in addition to what I have already discussed.

https://lucidspark.com/blog/7-tips-improving-brainstorming-sessions

https://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/7-ways-to-generate-great-ideas.html

https://www.shiftcomm.com/insights/getting-creative-4-idea-generating-techniques/







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research