Game Design Document


This week I had to design my very own "Game Design Document." I can't deny that at first I found the idea of creating a "Game Design Document" to be extremely intimidating. It seemed like a gargantuan task. However the more I looked into I quickly realised that

At first I tried to use the website DunDoc. Unfortunately it didn't work. I am still unsure what went wrong but my email just didn't work. As a result I moved onto using a google document instead. Once I got my head down and kept in the swing of it I started flying through. I already knew what I wanted to place in my game so I just ordered it into specific categories and added them all in.

I'm also relieved that you can edit your "Game Design Document" at a later date as recently I have had thoughts about changing my game to an endless runner and also adding a form of ammunition to my game.


Source: Flickr



Here is a link to my GDD I hope you find it interesting and can give me some feedback.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research