Game Fun

 After my reading on the types of fun in gaming I found Marc LeBlanc's 8 kinds of fun to be a particularly interesting idea. The listed ideas. Sensation, fantasy, narrative, challenge, fellowship, discovery, expression, submission. All of these ideas are ones I firmly believe touched on different aspects of gaming and I could see how each of them fit into different types of games, even ones I don't personally play or enjoy.


Source: Flickr


Here are some items which I found interesting and I believe are relevant to the current topic.

When Video Games Feel Haunted: Inside the Low-Res Horror Boom

The Many Different Types of Video Games & Their Subgenres

Video games are fun. Here's why, and how they hook us.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research