Unity Tutorial 06

 The Unity tutorials for this week continued on from the tutorial I did last week. My first task was ‘Lesson 3.3 - Don't Just Stand There.’ This tutorial was about editing the players animations. 


I also set up a specific animation for jumping and proceeded to tweak it. In addition to a jumping animation I also added a falling animation to the player character.


The next section of the tutorial (Lesson 3.4 - Particles and Sound Effects) was about particles effects and sound effects. The first task I did was creating. The first step  was to add a custom explosion particle. I found this part very interesting. Immediately after this I had to ensure that this particle played upon collision. In order to make this effect look better I had to add a dirt splatter particle. 


Source: Flickr



The next part I found incredibly interesting. It is an important addition to any video game, the music. In order to do this I added music to the main camera from the source library. 


I found this tutorial a bit difficult, especially the section on adding music to the game. However I was able to crack it in the end. These tutorials will help me in making my own game. Especially the segment on adding music to a game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research