Unity Tutorial 07

 For this week I worked on Unity tutorials from Unit 4. Specifically, tutorials 4.1, 4.2 & 4.3. These tutorials provided me with new challenges which I had to work my way through.


I started with 4.1, this tutorial had a completely different setting than the tutorials I completed last week. The setting was a large tower-like structure stretching up into the night sky. I then added my player character as a sphere and a texture to make it look better aesthetically


In lesson 4.2 I added an enemy sphere and added a texture to that sphere. Afterwards I created a C# Script in order to make it follow the player around the map. I then proceeded to make the spawn location randomised.


Source: Flickr


During lesson 4.3 I added a power-up to my game. This allowed me to be able to knock the enemy sphere away. After this I changed my C# Script so that I would only have this power-up for a few seconds.


Unlike some of the Unity tutorials I had completed in previous weeks I experienced a degree of difficulty when I was handling this task. Hopefully I will not have the same issue with the tutorials that must be completed next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research