Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking back on my previous readings I have a variety of tasks on this blog which I have completed over the semester, my thoughts and feelings on the tasks from reading have always fluctuated between thoroughly enjoying the tasks, to disliking them, to becoming more disinterested. This would always vary on whether the topic at hand was one which I found interesting or not. Although I won't let disinterest or dislike of the topic get the better of me in the following weeks and will be sure to try and complete as many tasks as possible.

Although I had a variety of tasks by far my favourite reading assignment was the work I did on growth mindset. Growth mindset is a very interesting idea with a great deal of merit behind it. I especially related to this idea as when I was making my through secondary & primary school I never achieved outstanding results and I felt as though I could never change that. Reading about growth mindset finally made me feel as though I had a few kindred spirits and that I could relate to. I also realised that growth mindset was something which I needed to plant and develop inside of myself. This would allow me to create better work in the future and may even let me help others with their work should they feel stuck. I feel as though many people in the world would benefit from learning about growth mindset.

The image from my 'Growth Mindset' blog post
Source: Pinterest


Another piece of reading work which I not only enjoyed but found to be very beneficial to myself on a personal level was 'Feedback Strategies.' At first I didn't know what feedback strategies was about but after reading about it I found the subject very interesting. The articles I read seemed as though they would genuinely help other people. One of the articles I read went into detail on how explaining to children why a quiet classroom is good not only encourages to be quiet but encourages better behaviour and cooperation. Lilian Kantz also explains why children constantly hearing the phrase "Good Job!" can have a negative side effect. She explains that once people, not just children but people, believe that a task is easy then they lose interest very quickly in continuing the task as they feel as though there is very little stimulation or reward in the task. There was also an article which I read through on what messages helped children to grow. This article offered excellent advice with feedback which I believe many other people should read too.

I fell behind for a long period of time on a great deal of some of my work in this module, including my work on reading. Neglecting all of that in order to work on assignments and projects I had from the other modules in this course. However for the remainder of this module I have made it my personal mission to focus on all the weekly tasks in multimedia and get ahead on all of them. It will definitely be more difficult with seeing as the workload tends to ramp towards the final stretch of each semester but I will definitely try to handle it all in order to get pass this module.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robbie Cahill Introduction Multimedia Development

Game Brainstorm

Game Idea Research